Monday, September 20, 2010

Going to the lake

I'm a little late on the "Going to the lake" post, but I decided i would blog about it anyway. Before Ammon and i got married, we decided we needed to take a trip down to st. George so that Ammon could officially meet my dad, and his wife. We loaded up the kids on the weekend we got them, and headed for STG. The trip was SO long!!! im not sure the kids are used to driving for four straight hours, but we brought a DVD player for each kid, and did the best with the long drive. We finally got to st. George, and the kids instantly loved grandpa Joe!!! It was such a relief for me lol my dad didn't used to being called grandpa until about the next day we were there, now he loves it!! We went to the storage unit, grabbed a razor, and a four wheeler, and headed out to the lake! it was such a beautiful day, sun shining, slight breeze, and lots of food!! I was so excited, and so was my little family. None of them had ever ridden on a four wheeler, or a razor, so i was more than excited to show them how I grew up :)
once we got to the lake, Ammon just couldn't wait any longer to get on that razor!! He wanted me to drive it so he could get used to it. so we took a quick ride, and he LOVED it!!! After ammon and i went on our ride, he wanted to take ry out, and ry was soooo excited!! He jumped in the razor, i pulled the seat belt on, and off they went! I think i could hear ry screaming for a mile!! They got back, and ry had the biggest smile on his face, he absolutely loved the razor!!
After we rode on all the fun toys, it was time to make some hot dogs. Not my personal favorite, but when your hungry and out in the middle of nowhere, hot dogs are REALLY good. while all of these things were going on, ry and lilly were playing in the sand, and they would call it "poopies" because they thought it looked like poop, when i first heard them say it, i laughed so hard i couldn't breath. Ry said "daddy, i have poopies in my ear!!!'" It was the funniest thing ever. Those kids make me so happy, im so blessed to have them :)
Ammon and i got to sit and talk with my dad, and he gave us some great advice on getting along with others, loving everyone, and just about life in general. It was so nice to sit and listen to some words of advice from my dad, i always love spending time with him. This trip to st. george, was probably the best one i have ever had, i was with my future husband (at the time) and my future step children who i love so much!! My husband got to meet my dad, and my dad got to meet my new family, and everything went well!!! whweew! Im grateful for my dad letting us come down, eating his food, taking his time to make us feel welcome and loved in his home. I love you dad, and i love my family :) Thank you for the fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment