Friday, September 17, 2010

Keeps getting better and better.

OK, so its that time of day again, the time of day when i have a few hours left of work, and i start to get bored, not allot of calls coming in, and its very quite in the office. So i blog!!! My topic of choice today is Lilly and Rykert. My new step children, i think i have come a long way with these kids, and becoming used to the idea of being a 19 year old step mom. When i first met the kids Ammon and i figured out how old i would have been if i was there birth mom.... I would have been 15 when Ry was born, and 16 with Lilly. WOW! that was such a shocker to me lol but i have grown up so much and am now comfortable with calling them my kids, and them calling me mommy late at nights when they wake up. I love these two kids so much!!! I'm not sure what i would do without them, i look forward to every weekend i get to spend with them, and some of the holidays.
The first time i ever met the kids was when ammon and i had been dating for a while, ammon last girlfriend that he had before me was named sara. Sara had met the kids once, and i guess they just associated the name sara to any girl that was with ammon. For about the first two or three months that i was dating/engaged to ammon, they called me sara. Especially lilly lol. after a while i started to get a little offended by her calling me that, because we would always tell her that my name was lacey, and she would smile and call me sara. But luckly before i reached the breaking point with her calling me sara, she stopped!!! The only problem was that she now didn't say my name at all, at least before she was calling me something, now she says "hey you" to get my attention. we would all ask her what my name was, and she would just look away and blush like she knew she knew it, just didn't want to say it. weird, typical Lilly tough lol. today was a different day!!! She cant stop calling me lace, Not Lacey, just lace. It cracks me up, i feel like things just get better and better with them, i feel like they are starting to love me the way i love them, and there getting more comfortable with me being around!! Oh, and rykert called me mommy the whole way over to grandmas house, i just smiled and enjoyed the moment. :) things keep getting better with Ammon and I, things get better with our families, and things keep getting better with the kids!! I have NEVER been this happy :) :) :) :) I LOVE MY LITTLE FAMILY, THE MALONE'S!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment